Ministry of Interior has announced a new regulation that brings new security measures for protection of the Turkish Grand National Assembly. According to the new security measures, drones are to protect the parliament building and members of the parliament will be subjected to special entrance protocol for security reasons.
[mks_dropcap style=”letter” size=”52″ bg_color=”#ffffff” txt_color=”#000000″]A[/mks_dropcap]ccording to the new security regulations Ministry of Interior has prepared, the new legislative term will begin with introduction of the chip-card entrance system. At the main gates of the parliament there will be placed Explosive Detection Doors. All entrances will have Road Blocker systems installed and all vehicles will be subjected to inspection at entrances.
Taxis, cargo vehicles, visitor vehicles will no longer be allowed in the parliament building. Mini-Drones will be authorised for avial security of the parliament building; drone purchasing will be conducted soon. No one except for members of the parliament will be allowed in the lobby of the building.
Presidential Council of the National Assembly has gathered under chairmanship of Parliament Speaker İsmail Kahraman, to discuss the new legislative term and security precautions. Minister of Interior, Süleyman Soylu has presented the new proposals for security precautions. Presidential Council has accepted the proposals.
The proposal suggests
- New entrance system will be in effect at the Turkish Grand National Assembly. When deputies arrive with their pre-identified vehicle or driver they will be subjected to no extra security control. When a deputy has guests -excluding family members- they will only be allowed to pass after security controls and assumed their visitors cards.
- Electronic chip-cards will be in use for entrance through gates. The cards that are presently in use will be protected with passwords and use will be prevented.
- Explosive Detection Doors will be placed at main entrance gates. All vehicles will be subjected to security check at entrances; Road Blocker system will be placed.
- Taxis, cargo vehicles and visitor vehicles will not be allowed to enter the parliament campus.
- Mini-drones will be purchased and parliament building will be protected with drones.
- Armored cabins will be placed at police check-points, all main entrances will be subjected to controls.
- No one will be allowed to walk around without a Visitors Card except for the deputies.
- Çankaya Gate of the parliament will be assigned as Protocol Entrance and be only used by deputies, high-ranking bureucrats, foreign mission members.
- Three bodyguards at most will accompany ministers within the parliament building.
- Criminal Record Checks with ID numbers will be compulsory for all visitors at the entrance of the parliament building.
- No one else except for the deputies will be allowed in the lobbies; including the advisors and counselors.